Wednesday, January 9, 2013

on marriage

upon skimming through my google reader this morning, i came across this post that caught my eye. 

"Gabe and I have dated since I was 18 and yet there are still times when my stomach flutters as if it’s our first date. I’m grateful for those moments because they are the ones that sustain the not-so-fluttery moments."

now i'm really not one for acts of exuberant ardor, but i do hope this to be true of my future marriage too. things will never be perfect, but more the reason to soak in the good moments and be thankful for them. 

i offered to watch the delightful, fawn-worthy children of a married couple at my church tonight, so they can get a date night out without the kids. though my efforts are minimal, it is my prayer that they'll be able to have some time to themselves to experience "fluttery moments" and continue to build a strong, christ-centered marriage.

"And I guess that too is part of love – when the joy of someone else becomes more valuable than your own."    

So true. 

No comments: