"Earth knows no desolation. She smells regeneration in the moist breath of decay."
- George Meredith, Ode to the Spirit of Earth in Autumn. -
- George Meredith, Ode to the Spirit of Earth in Autumn. -
Decay. 1: to decline from a sound or prosperous condition. 2: to decrease gradually in size, quantity, activity, or force. 3: to fall into ruin. 4: to decline in health, strength, or vigor.
It's mere proof that we are made to live, though everything naturally seems to point toward eventual death. Plants wither, humans age, food rots. To each, his own season. For companies and organizations to get big, they have to get small first. For my faith to be strengthened, I must first realize my own weakness.
However, it's the greater perspective that matters-- that from death, stems new life in the pile of rubbish above. Similarly, it's only when I've died to my sin, that I am eternally alive in Christ.
It's mere proof that we are made to live, though everything naturally seems to point toward eventual death. Plants wither, humans age, food rots. To each, his own season. For companies and organizations to get big, they have to get small first. For my faith to be strengthened, I must first realize my own weakness.
However, it's the greater perspective that matters-- that from death, stems new life in the pile of rubbish above. Similarly, it's only when I've died to my sin, that I am eternally alive in Christ.
Death has no hold on me / whom the son has freed, is free indeed...

No comments:
Post a Comment