how can you not like february?!
- I love how openly everyone expresses their love for others during this month... it makes me so happy! (wished it'd be year-round, but I guess that's only in an ideal world)
- It's also the shortest month (sadly for the the above reason, but happily for work reasons)
- It's one month of the year where you can go crazy (well not really but kind of) with eating out, buying (and eating) chocolates, buying random feel-good greeting cards, buying flowers... for others (or for just yourself, and be able to justify it).
- It's also the month Chinese New Year usually falls in, meaning lots of delicious Chinese foods to be eaten as well.
- Fat Tuesday and paczki's usually occurs in this month too.
- Okay and let me just say it: "relationships" is the talk of the town, and it's always fun to talk about that.
WELL, it's finally here! HELLO FEBRUARY.
I'm REALLY excited, since this will be the first time that I'll be in Asia to celebrate Chinese New Year... and to see my 94 year old grandma! (well not first time seeing my grandma) ....in mid to high-70 degree weather! However, I've been feeling quite off about this whole trip-- I'm actually REALLY bummed (possibly more bummed than excited) that I'm going to miss: valentine's day, all the talk of the town surrounding the topic of "relationships", and being around the week of valentine's day to hang out with my close friends and deliver the goodies that I make up each year. not to mention also: the start of Lent, which also means Fat Tuesday, which also means paczki's..........
SIGH. there's never a good time to take a vacation. Nor is there a good time to go see grandma. But i'm afraid that grandma takes priority over all my selfish wants and preferences this year. There's not many more days left to spend with her.
So, Taiwan, here I come! I'll see you all soon. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment