Monday, September 16, 2013

Infinite You

I recently wrote the following song during a season of seemingly endless weariness, when I realized that even though everything on the outside seemed to be going well, I found myself in complete internal turmoil and disarray. It was only at that moment of complete brokenness that I realized that our loving Father needed to strip away so many temporary things of this world that I had previously found my worth in-- people, achievements, and my image and pride-- in order to reveal something of much greater worth and value: my relationship with Him. 

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21

-----
Infinite You

Father, I am weak and weary
I've been running after a finite hope
Now It's running out and I need more 
It is then that I realize

   You, I need You and your infinite love
   I need You and your unstoppable ways
   I need you and your glorious power in my life 
   Because none else will endure, 
   Nothing in this world will satisfy

Shattered into many pieces
Are my hope, my dreams, and desires
My heart wrenches in a million ways
It is then that I realize

      Though our hope in man may fail 
      You are greater, You are stronger

      Thank You for waiting patiently 
      Thank You for unending grace


-----
"He does great and unsearchable things, marvelous things without number." - Job 5:9

No comments: