Monday, June 17, 2013

walk boldly

so this song was not the one i originally intended to share in the last post, but when i sat down this morning, these words and its music came so naturally in the span of a 2-hour sitting... so in the meantime, here's one to share!

-----
Walk Boldly

Fighting all these pretenses
The dark storms they keep on coming
I’m worn and weary from trying
I’m tempted to run away and hide

You never promised an easy path
You never said that I wouldn’t fall
It's here amidst my weakness
I’m desperate and see my need for You

But oh, I will choose victory over defeat,
And I know, there will be glorious light over this darkness

Lord, teach me to boldly walk these deep waters
Help me to run with steps of faith
Give me a trust that spans so deep
Beyond the depths of these waters 

Each time I doubt you always catch me
And when I run you always chase me
You bring me back into your presence
And pour out your love unto my wounds

Yet in your mercy you deliver
The greatest promises I never expected
You revive me in my weak faith
So I can walk out into the storms

And I know that You have given me a hope so sure
And Lord, I believe that you never will leave my side

No comments: